3 tablespoons pesto sauce
1 pre-baked pizza crust (12 inch)
3 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 ball (4 ounces) Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pitted ripe olive slivers
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Place the pizza crust on a cookie sheet.
- Spread pesto evenly over pizza crust. Top with tomato slices, mozzarella cheese and olives.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with oregano.
Makes 4 servings.
- Pizza Primavera: Omit the pesto, tomatoes, olives and oregano. Spread crust with 1/4 cup commercial Alfredo sauce; top with 1 cup yellow summer squash slices, 1/4 cup thawed frozen peas, 2 ounces thinly sliced Proscuitto, julienne cut, and cheese. Bake as directed. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil leaves.
- Tri-Pepper Pizza: Omit the pesto, tomatoes and olives. Top crust with 1/2 cup each: yellow, red, and orange or green bell pepper strips and 1/4 cup red onion slivers. Dot with 1/2 cup chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes. Top with cubed or diced Mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup grated Wisconsin Asiago cheese. Bake as directed; sprinkle with oregano.