CHICKEN FRIED RICE
Makes 4 servings
1 tbsp oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp oil
1 cup chicken, finely diced
½ cup water chestnuts, finely diced
½ cup bamboo shoots, finely diced
½ cup celery, finely diced
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup diced mushrooms
4 cups rice, cooked
1. Cut up and prepare all ingredients.
2. Reserve. Heat wok up with 1 tbsp oil and fry egg into a thin sheet. Remove to plate and reserve. Add 2 tbsp oil to wok.
3. Heat oil until almost smoking.
4. Stir fry chicken and onion together until cooked.
5. Add bean sprouts, peas, celery.
6. Stir and cook for 2 minutes in covered wok.
7. Uncover wok, add vegetables.
8. Stir fry, then cook covered for 2 minutes.
9. Add cooked rice, season with salt, pepper, soya sauce. Reduce heat to medium.
10. Break up clumps of rice. Stir fry until rice has even colour and heated through.
11. Finely chop egg sheet and stir into rice. Serve.